Easy Food – Risotto Primavera with Peas & Asparagus
Losing weight can be a struggle whilst at work as you are fairly limited to what you can eat other than bringing in something pre-made. Fancy trying some quick, deliciously easy food that you can make from scratch in the office (providing you have access to a microwave)!
What ingredients will I need?
• 50g Risotto rice
• 1 shallot, finely chopped
• 60ml stock
• 30ml white wine
• 50g frozen peas and asparagus tips
• Handful of fresh basil
Easy food that’s healthy and super delish!
How do I make it?
1. Place butter and chopped shallot in a dish and microwave on full power for 90 seconds, stopping to give it a quick stir at 30 seconds*
2. Add rice, garlic and stock, cover loosely with cling film then cook on ½ power for 2 minutes. Check to see if the stock has evaporated, if not give it another quick stir and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the wine and frozen veg, season then cook on ½ power again for 2 minutes.
4. Add the basil and cook for a further 2 minutes, leave to stand for 1 minute then enjoy!
* The onions may spark a little when you first start cooking, but it will stop once the butter has melted.