Healthy eating – 10 tips to get you started
1. Alkalise your body when you wake up – start your day with a glass of hot water and a slice of lemon. We naturally detox at night and we’re most acidic in the morning. Acidity in the body causes ‘disease’, which can later show itself as bloating, exhaustion, acne, dry skin and acid reflux, or more serious illnesses such as heart disease. Lemon may be acidic on litmus paper, but when digested it is extremely alkaline.
2. Always have breakfast – breakfast is a really important meal – of you skip it your blood sugar level will be low throughout the day.
3. Add something green to your daily diet – this is an easy way to start healthy eating. Add a juice, a side of greens…you’ll start to do better and then you’ll want to do more.
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be difficult
4. Get into fast soups – instead of throwing old vegetables away, roast them and then blend them together, then pour into ziplock bags and freeze. When you get home late, all you have to do is heat up a bag of the soup and serve with a slice or 2 of gluten free bread.
5. Eat avocados – avocados are great for getting essential fatty acids – important if your cutting back on meat – as well as being a rich source of vitamin E, which gives your skin an amazing glow.
6. Drink lots of water – women, in particular, suffer from water retention, which makes us feel bloated. The more water you drink, the more you get rid of. Drink 1 to 2 litres of water a day to flush out toxins.
7. Make nuts your snack food – if you’re hungry, don’t reach for a biscuit – instead, snack on a few almonds or brazil nuts. They’ll help balance your blood sugar level while being good for you too.
8. Take a probiotic – it’s really important to have a healthy gut so your digestive system works efficiently. Probiotics put healthy bacteria into your gut and also help with bloating.
9. Whatever your fix, find a recipe for a healthy eating alternative – If you feel like biscuits, make healthy ones.
10. Prepare ahead – do your shopping online, make sure your cupboards are well stocked and prepare what you need in advance.
The healthy eating way of life is the way forward.
A Teatox is a great way to start a healthy eating plan.