Healthy homemade granola recipe
This healthy recipe makes around 14 servings, that’s breakfast sorted for the next 2 weeks!
- 360g of old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary) or other rolled grain
- 340g of raw buckwheat
- 120g of dried unsweetened flaked coconut
- 160g of raw seeds
- 125g of raw nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp of spices
- 80ml of unrefined oil
- 100g of unrefined sweetener
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 60 to 100g of dried berries
Homemade granola at it’s finest
- Preheat oven to 150°c
- Line two rimmed baking trays with greaseproof paper and put to one side.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine oats, buckwheat, coconut, seeds, nuts and spices; stir to mix. In a small pan, combine oil, sweeteners, and salt and gently warm over low heat and stir until smooth. Add vanilla, stir again, pour into dry mixture, and mix well to evenly combine.
- Spread mixture evenly over baking trays and put in the oven for 15 minutes, stir, rotate trays, and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Sprinkle over dried fruit and berries and stir to combine. The granola can then be stored in airtight jars for up to six weeks.
Prefer your homemade granola with more texture? Don’t stir it when baking. Just rotate trays and keep an eye on the edges toward the end, as they can brown quickly. Allow to cool on trays, add dried berries and/or fruit, and carefully break up any large clumps before storing.