Low Fat Recipes: Strawberry Ice Cream
Ice cream cones *optional*
500g of carton fresh chilled vanilla custard
340g of jar strawberry preserve/conserve
Low fat recipes are suitable for the whole family.
- Pour the strawberry preserve into a bowl
- Beat until it is runny
- Next beat in the custard
- Pour the mixture into a suitable freezer container
- Place the container into the freezer
- Make sure you beat it regularly so that it freezes evenly (this gives a smooth texture)
- Once frozen, the ice cream should be soft enough to scoop straight from the freezer into ice cream cones
- Add a chocolate flake or some ‘monkeys blood’ for an extra treat! *optional*
Our low fat recipes are perfect all year round.
Read more here: