Smoked Cod Bake Recipe
Recipe for: Smoked Cod Bake…
*This delicious recipe serves 4 people and is just 501 calories!*
- Basil sprig
- 40g/3 tbsp low fat-spread
- 3 sliced hard-boiled eggs
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 300ml/ 1/4 cups skimmed milk
- 20g/ 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1/2 cup fresh white bread crumbs
- 450g/ 1lb smoked cod fillet skinned and cut into 4 pieces
- 75g/ 3/4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese grated
- *Serve with a mixed salad*
- With a small amount of the low-fat spread, grease up a 1.2 litre oven dish.
- Place the fish into the oven dish and place egg slices on top.
- Place half of the remaining low-fat spread into a saucepan, along with the flour and milk.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Bring to the boil and heat for 2 minutes.
- Remember to whisk constantly!
- Mix in the chopped basil and cheese.
- Spoon the mixture on the fish.
- Melt the remaining low-fat spread.
- Mix in the fresh breadcrumbs.
- Scatter over the sauce and fish and then bake in the oven (that has been pre-heated) at 190 degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the fish is fork tender and the top is golden brown.
- Decorate with a basil sprig and serve with a mixed salad.
Want to try another recipe? Find more here: http://blog.slimmingsolutions.com/