Recipe Made Healthy: Tortilla Pizza
One of your favourite foods made HEALTHY!
A great, quick and healthy lunch time pizza option! Yes it’s really true! You don’t have to stop eating your favourite food, just follow this recipe made healthy!
Whole wheat seeded tortilla wrap
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to flavour
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Handful of fresh basil OR 1 tsp dried basil
Topping extras *OPTIONS*
- Grilled chicken pieces
- Lean beef mince (with herbs, spices and onions)
Choose your nutrient booster:
- Something green:
- Cherry tomato halves
- Diced red peppers
- Roasted beetroot
- Roasted butternut squash
- Diced orange peppers
Finely sprinkle with a little cheese (naturally lower fat options)
- Cottage cheese
*Add a few chunks of mozzarella*
1. Pre heat the grill to a high temperature.
2. Place the tomatoes, garlic, tomato puree, basil and some salt and pepper into a blender/nutribullet and blend.
3. Set aside.
4. Place the tortilla wraps under the grill and toast for 1 minute on each side.
5. The wrap just needs to turn crispy.
6. Spread the wrap with a base layer of the tomato sauce.
7. Add your protein selection.
8. Add any combination of your nutrient boosters.
9. Sprinkle on your light cheese options.
10. Add a little mozzarella and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes!
If you’ve enjoyed reading this recipe, discover more HERE: http://blog.slimmingsolutions.com/diets/