How to make your own healthy mayo
What you’ll need:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup or 6 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of white pepper (black pepper is fine too)
- Dash of salt
- Squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
How to make:
You’ll need either a food processor or a whisk. Put all the ingredients in the food processor or bowl except for the olive oil. Turn on the food processor or start whisking.
With the machine running or your whisk whisking, gradually drizzle in the olive oil. This should take a couple of minutes. You should notice the mayo starting to thicken. Continue whisking/food-processing until you like the consistency.
Healthy mayo the easy way
This recipe makes about one cup and it’ll last for a week or so in the fridge.
Why not spice it up a little?
- Add diced chipotle peppers, garlic, and lime juice for a spicy mayo.
- Add some soft avocado if using a food processor.
If your on a bit of a health kick at the moment, boost your efforts with our range slimming tablets for weight loss.