Thigh toning exercises you can do at home
Fed up of wobbly thighs? We’ve found a solution to the problem
Toning exercises for firmer thighs
This ballet position and is great for toning inner thighs.
For extra stability hold onto the back of a chair or something roughly at bellybutton height.
- Start with heels together and toes slightly pointing outwards. This is called first position
- Lower into a squat, as far as you can go without your heels coming off the ground
- Once this point is reached raise your heels off the ground, rising onto your toes, and lower yourself as far down as possible ensuring knees go over toes
- Complete three sets of 15- 20 reps
2. Ball Leg Lifts
Using an exercise ball is a great way to ensure you are activating all target muscle groups; if an exercise ball is not available a basketball style ball or a rolled up towel can be used
- Lie on your side on the floor with your arms crossed in front of your body. If this is uncomfortable, bend the arm closest to the floor and rest your head on your hand
- Place a large exercise ball in between your feet, and slowly lift the ball up toward the ceiling using only your hips and bottom. Return to the start position. This counts as one repetition
- Complete three sets of 15 reps
Toning exercises in the comfort of your own home
3. Bridge with Squeeze
- Start on your back with your knees bent and your feet hip distance apart. Place a pillow, a ball, or a toning ring between your knees
- Push up into a bridge. Keep your ribs aligned with your pelvis
- Holding the position, slowly squeeze your pillow 20 times. Lower the pelvis and bring your knees to your chest to round and relax your back
- Repeat twice for a total of three sets
4. Side Lunges
- Stand upright, feet together, and hands on hips
- Take a large step with your right foot to the right side and lunge toward the floor
- Make sure your right knee does not extend past your toes and keep your left leg relatively straight
- Push off through your right foot to return to the start to complete one
- Do three sets of 10 on each side
5. Alternate Curtsey Lunge
- Stand with your feet hip width apart, and then, keeping your weight on your left foot, take a big step back with your right leg, crossing it behind your left leg (as if about to do a ‘curtsy’)
- Slowly bend your knees and lower your body straight down until your front thigh is parallel to the floor, and both knees are bent at 90 degrees
- Be sure to keep your abs pulled in and your back straight
- Do 15 reps on one side, and then 15 reps on the other
We stock an excellent cellulite treatment which would be perfect for use after each session.
Remember that while specific target area toning exercises are great, they must be accompanied by regular cardio and a well balanced diet in order to achieve results.