Top 10 benefits of exercise (in addition to weight loss)
We all know that exercise is great for weight loss and keeping fit. But there’s tons of other benefits too. Check out our top 10 exercise benefits here (other than weight loss, of course!):
Top 10 benefits of exercise, other than weight loss:
1. Helps to fight many health conditions and diseases.
2. Strengthens and boosts your immune system.
3. Improves your mood and reduces depression, stress, and anxiety.
4. Promotes better sleep and helps you to relax.
5. Gives you more energy and helps keep you focused.
6. Improves confidence and body image.
7. Sharpens your memory and helps with learning.
8. Improves digestion and eases constipation.
9. Improves your sex life by increasing your blood flow.
10. Helps control addictions to tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs.
Health benefits of exercise
Given the huge amount of evidence available, it seems obvious that we should all be physically active. It’s essential if you want to live a healthy and fulfilling life into old age.
It’s medically proven that people who do regular physical activity have:
- 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
- 68% lower risk of hip fracture
- 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- 50% lower risk of colon cancer
- 35% lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- 30% lower risk of early death
- 30% lower risk of falls (among older adults)
- 30% lower risk of depression
- 30% lower risk of dementia
- 20% lower risk of breast cancer