Thai chicken and mushroom broth – 179 calories
– 1l hot chicken stock
– 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
– 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
– 2 tsp sugar
– zest and juice 2 limes
– 100g Portobello mushrooms, sliced
– bunch spring onions, sliced, whites and greens separated
– 200g leftover chicken, shredded
1. Tip the stock into a saucepan, then stir in the curry paste, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and most of the zest.
2. Bring to the boil, then add the mushrooms and whites of the spring onion.
3. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the chicken and spring onion greens and gently heat through.
5. Ladle into bowls and scatter with the remaining lime zest.
6. Serve with extra lime juice, sugar, and fish sauce on the side so everyone can adjust their own bowlfuls.
Top tip: If you don’t have any leftover chicken, put two chicken breasts in a pan with a stock cube and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then turn off the heat and cover for 15 minutes – the chicken will be tender and the cooking liquid perfect for using in your broth.
Source: BBC Good Food.