Perfect pudding for the perfect figure – Lemon & blueberry sponge
What could be better than a delicious Lemon and blueberry sponge served with lemon custard? This yummy recipe serves 6 and is only 183 calories per serving! The perfect pud whilst your trying to lose weight!
What will you need?
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100g self raising flour
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil plus extra for greasing
- Zest 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 medium egg
For the custard:
- Zest and juice of ½ unwaxed lemon
- 300 g low-fat custard
- Preheat oven to 170C/gas mark 3½ and
- Brush 6 holes of a muffin tin with a tiny amount of oil.
- Sift the flour, and then stir in the bicarbonate of soda and sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- Beat together the oil, egg, milk and lemon zest in a jug. Pour the mixture into the well and give everything a quick stir; do not over mix it. Fold the blueberries in and divide the mixture among the prepared holes of the muffin tray. Bake for 15 minutes until the sponges are firm to the touch
- Pour the custard into a non-stick pan, add the lemon zest and juice and heat through. Pour over the lemon and blueberry sponges to serve
Desserts are usually a no go whilst slimming, but not this one! Do you have any other pudding recipes to share with us?