Chicken kiev and chips – 339 calories
Does your family love chicken kievs? Here’s a healthy version from Rosemary Conley for you to make at home.
With skinless chicken breasts, granary breadcrumbs and low-fat spread, this dish is the perfect healthy family meal. And nobody can complain because it comes with homemade chips!
Calories: 339 per serving
Fat: 3.7g per serving
– 4 skinless chicken breasts
– 20g low-fat spread
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
– 1 egg, beaten
– 4 tbsps granary breadcrumbs
– salt and black pepper
For the chips
– 200g potatoes, cut into fine chips
– 1 vegetable stock cube
– low-cal spray oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Place each chicken breast on a chopping board and slice through the centre to make a pocket.
3. Mix together the low-fat spread, garlic and chives and season with salt and pepper.
4. Spoon the mixture into the pocket of each chicken breast.
5. Dip the chicken in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumbs, and place on a non-stick baking tray.
6. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
7. Cook the potatoes in boiling water with the stock cube for 2-3 minutes. Drain and place on a baking tray.
8. Spray lightly with oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes (you can cook them with the chicken).
9. Serve the chicken and chips hot with vegetables.
Top tip: leave the skin on the potatoes for some extra fibre!