Cheese and mushroom pizza omelette
You don’t need to wait for the takeaway with this delicious cheese and mushroom pizza omelette. It’s quick and easy to prepare, and a much healthier choice. And it’s only 325 calories and packed with protein, so get cracking!
Total fat: 25.1g
Sat fat: 9g
- 150g mushrooms – sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-6 tbsp ready made tomato and herb pasta sauce
- 200g mozzarella cheese – drained and diced
1. Heat half of the oil in a frying pan, add the mushrooms and sauté for 3-4mins or until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2. Beat the eggs together with the oregano and salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan, add the eggs and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 mins.
4. During this time, use a spatula to push the cooked egg into the centre of the omelette, then tip the pan so that the raw egg fills the gap and repeat until no runny egg remains and the base is golden.
5. Place the omelette under a hot grill and cook for 1-2 mins or until the top has set.
6. Spoon over the tomato sauce, top with the cheese and mushrooms.
7. Pop back under the grill and cook for 2 minutes or until the cheese is pale golden.
8.Serve in wedges with salad.
If the tomato sauce you’re using seems runny, drain off the excess liquid in a sieve before spooning on top of the pizza.
Give this recipe a kick by adding 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes to the eggs before beating.
Change the toppings to suit your taste. All the usual pizza toppings such as pepperoni, peppers and olive work really well.