Asian tuna salad – 178 calories
This Asian tuna salad is a super low calorie lunch, takes less than 30 minutes to make, and it’s light and cool enough for summer.
Recipe makes: 4 servings
Calories: 178 per serving
– 350g tuna steak, cut into strips
– 3tbsp soy sauce
– 1tsp wasabi paste
– 1tbsp sake or dry white wine
– 200g mixed salad leaves
– 150g baby yellow tomatoes, halved
– 1 cucumber, sliced in wide, fine strips
– 2tbsp soy sauce
– 1tbsp lime juice
– 1tbsp brown sugar
– 2tsp sesame oil
1. Mix together the tuna, soy sauce, wasabi and sake or white wine in a non-metallic bowl. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Arrange the salad leaves, tomatoes and cucumber on four serving plates.
3. Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients.
4. Heat a nonstick frying pan over a high heat, add the tuna and fry for about 10 seconds on each side or until seared.
5. Place the tuna on top of the salad, drizzle with the dressing, and serve.
Credit: The Daily Mirror.