Five fruits that burn fat
Fruits often get a bad rep during a weight loss program due to their high sugar and complex carbohydrate content. Many diet programs prescribe reducing calorie levels to subsistence levels for fat loss which usually means cutting out your favorite foods and even healthy options that will provide much needed nutrition during your weight loss journey. Unfortunately, depriving yourself of healthy and nutritious food choices can lead to your feeling extremely deprived and lead you to break your diet prematurely, or binge on unhealthy foods and end up sabotaging your hard earned progress. Fortunately, nutritionists and scientists are discovering that on top of being vitamin and mineral packed, some fruits that burn fat can be an essential part of a successful diet program.
Fruits that Burn Fat
The following is a list of fat burning fruits that will not only help you stick to your diet, but also provide a delicious and nutrition packed option to help you lose unnecessary pounds and reach your goal weight as soon as possible;
- Avocados: the avocado is rich in healthy omega 9 fats, high in essential vitamins such as vitamin K, C and the B vitamins, contains high levels of protein and delivers substantial amounts of Potassium, magnesium and folate. It is also a great source of oleic acid and fiber. Avocados help in weight loss by keeping you fuller for longer. Further, the monounsaturated fats in avocado are burned quickly during exercise, which further increases weight loss. Avocados also contain a compound known as mannoheptulose which controls the release of insulin into the bloodstream and prevents sugars from being converted into fats.
- Grapefruit: consuming a glass of grapefruit juice or having a piece of grapefruit at breakfast will help you to burn fat. Grapefruit contains polyphenols which have a lypolic effect and break down fats in the body. Extracts from both pink and red grapefruits have been proven to reduce body fat by up to 16% after 12 weeks when consumed as part of a calorie controlled and low fat diet.
- Coconut: Yes, coconut is a fruit, specifically a dry drupe, which is a type of fruit with a fleshy outer part that surrounds a hard endocarp that contains a seed inside it. Coconuts have high levels of medium chain triglycerides (MCFAs) which have been proven to increase the liver’s metabolic rate and lead to faster burning of fats in the body.
- Lemons: lemons contain high levels of antioxidants that can reduce inflammation levels in the body. Inflammation often results in increased water retention in the body and this can lead to weight gain. The alkalizing properties of lemon also help the liver to work better and this leads to better metabolisation of fats and faster weight loss.
- Apples: Apples contain a compound known as pectin that limits the amount of fat that your body cells absorb. Apples should be consumed in moderation however, as they contain high levels of sugar which may lead to insulin spikes in the body.
Fruits that burn fat are prefect to incorporate into a weight loss plan. By ensuring you consume them in moderate levels, you can reap maximum benefits from them and reach your weight loss goals within no time at all.