Speed up weight loss in 6 easy steps
Eating a nutritious, calorie controlled diet and incorporating regular, vigorous exercise into your lifestyle are the best ways to speed up weight loss and keep the pounds off for good. However, even with the best diet and exercise program you can sometimes feel as if the weight loss process is taking forever. Weight loss in the first weeks tends to be reasonably quick, especially as you give up unhealthy foods which allows your body to flush out toxins and get rid of retained water. Further, as you are heavier at the beginning of your program, your body has to work harder to perform any kind of exercise which results in higher weight loss. However, after the first few weeks, weight loss starts to level out and you start to record smaller losses which can be discouraging especially if you still have a lot of pounds to lose.
How can I speed up weight loss?
- The water trick: Doctors recommend that we drink 8 glasses of water a day in order to keep well hydrated. However, if you are trying to lose weight, drinking up to 10 or 12 glasses is okay and helps you feel fuller for longer which reduces the temptation to reach for unnecessary snacks. Further, drinking water before a meal will help you to consume less and result in faster weight loss.
- Reduce the amount of carbohydrates you consume: Consuming carbohydrates in moderation can help your weight loss as they keep you feeling fuller for longer and help to control hunger pangs. However, carbohydrates are very high in calories and over consumption can hamper your weight loss efforts. Limiting their intake to minimal portions during your diet program will help to speed up your weight loss.
- Use capsicum extract: Capsicum extract is obtained from red chili peppers and has been lauded for its many health benefits including appetite control, increasing the rate of metabolism, and fat burning properties. Added to a diet and exercise program, it proves to be a safe, natural and effective way to increase weight loss.
- Set a 6 p.m. cut off eating time: High calorie snacks eaten after 6 p.m. are often stored as fat since you are more likely to be sedentary after this time. To avoid this, you can decide to avoid eating anything after this hour.
- Swap high calorie foods for healthier options: you do not always have to give up your favorite foods in order to lose weight. Picking healthier options of foods you love can help you cut the calories faster as well as help keep you motivated to lose weight as it stops you from feeling too deprived. Some common healthy food swaps include: baked potatoes instead of French fries, sparkling water instead of soda and white fish instead of red meat.
- Wear a diet patch: a really simple and effective way of speeding up weight loss. Get up each morning and place a new diet patch on a clean, hair free part of the body. You will ‘feel’ it working as you get on with your day to day life.
Reaching your goal of having a slim and healthy body can be challenging but by following a few simple and effective steps, you can speed up weight loss and achieve the body of your dreams.