Clean Eating Thai Basil Chicken Fried Rice
You can adjust the spices to make it as spicy or as mild as you like. Mix it up with beef strips or shrimp instead of chicken, and serve with chopsticks for authentic flair.
Note: This dish asks for cooked rice. If you have some on hand it makes cooking time so much faster. Otherwise cook up a batch and you are ready to go.
- 4 tbsp of coconut butter (if unavailable, use extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 scallions, whites and greens, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, passed through a garlic press
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into quarter inch strips
- 2 Thai red peppers, cut into ribbons
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- Half tsp of sea salt
- Half cup of Thai basil
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Heat coconut butter in a large wok on a medium/high heat. Add shallots and scallions and stir fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add Garlic, chicken and red peppers. Stir fry for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Add fish and oyster sauces and sea salt. Stir fry into mixture. Reduce heat slightly if too hot.
- Add basil and rice. Stir fry until heated through.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Serves – 4
Preparation – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 45 minutes
Calories per serving – 390
Source: The Eat Clean Diet Recharged