Healthy Desserts – Chocolate Pie
The Dessert Of Your Dreams- Chocolate Pie (thats healthy)!
Craving chocolate but on a diet? No problem, we have the perfect solutions! What would you do if I told you you could have chocolate pie without cheating on your diet? Make it? I thought so! And here’s exactly how you can do that…
Ingredients You Will Need:
For the crust:
- 30 chocolate wafers
- 3 ounces of melted chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
For the filling:
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 and 3/4 of low-fat milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 ounces of chopped chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1. Put the wafers into a food processor and process until ground.
2. Add the 1 tablespoon of canola oil and the 3 ounces of melted chocolate and process until the mixture is fully blended.
3. Press this mixture into the bottom and then also up the side of a 9-inch pie plate.
4. Freeze this until the mixture is set (approx 15 minutes). The crust of the chocolate pie is now complete.
5. Now is time for the filling. First of all mix the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt into a large saucepan.
6. Next, add half of the milk and the two egg yolks and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
7. Add the rest of the milk.
8. Cook the mixture on a medium heat for five minutes. Make sure to keep stirring!
9. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the remainder of the chocolate till the mixture is smooth.
10. Stir in the vanilla extract.
11. Pour the mixture into the crust previously prepared.
12. Cover the pie with a plastic wrap and chill until set (approx 4 hours).
And thats it! You have yourself a delicious and healthy chocolate pie!
Want more healthy and tasty recipies? Check them out here ——-> http://blog.slimmingsolutions.com/healthy-recipes/
Comment below for help and advice!