Healthy Cauliflower Base Pizza
Healthy Cauliflower Base Pizza Recipe
Ingredients for your healthy cauliflower base pizza:
For the base
- 750g cauliflower heads, trimmed and cut into florets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Choose your toppings:
1. Preheat the oven to 1800c
2. Make the base:
- Pulse batches of raw cauliflower florets into a food processor, until a rice-like texture is achieved.
- Tip the cauliflower into a large, frying pan. Cook for 4 minutes, occasionally stirring for the moisture to evaporate.
- Tip onto a clean towel/kitchen roll and squeeze any excess moisture out.
- When the cauliflower is dry, tip it into a large bowl and mix in the eggs, oregano and some salt and pepper. The mixture should be quite wet.
- Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper and divide the mixture between them.
- Using the back of a spoon, flatten the mixture down to make the base.
- Place into the oven for 10 minutes to cook the base through, remove excess moisture and make crispy.
- Remove from the oven and with a palette knife, release from the paper.
- Flip over and cook both again for another 10 minutes.
- Whilst the base is cooking, prepare your toppings.
- When both sides are golden, remove from the oven and spread them with some tomato puree or a homemade pesto.
- Start loading your toppings and then return to the oven to cook through for another 10-15 minutes.
If you’ve enjoyed reading this recipe, why not check out our other amazing recipes/blog posts!?
Click here: http://blog.slimmingsolutions.com/