Coconut Flour Pancakes Recipe
Coconut Flour Pancakes With A Mixed Berry Compote
Fancy a change? Got some extra time to make a delicious breakfast today? Continue reading to find out how to make this amazing recipe!
220ml cup milk
1 tsp of baking soda
2 tsp of honey
20g ground almonds
2 tsp of vanilla extract
pinch of salt
40g coconut flour
Bag of frozen raspberries
2 tsp of honey
*Additional items for serving/cooking*:
Coconut oil for frying
Greek yoghurt for serving
Note* If you want to serve as a stack, pre-heat the oven to keep the pancakes warm whilst you cook them all.
- If you have a nutribullet or similar blender, put all of the ingredients in and blend for 1 minute.
- If you don’t have a blender, beat the eggs for 2 minutes until it is a little frothy, then add the milk, vanilla extract, 2 tsp of honey and beat for another minute.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the coconut flour and the ground almonds, with the baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the egg mix into the coconut flour mix and set aside for a minute. Note* that the mixture will thicken slightly, it should be thick in order to create the small ‘American style pancake’.
- In a small pan, on a medium- low heat, empty the bag of frozen raspberries and 2 tsp of honey and cook through, leave to cook stirring gently occasionally. This should only take 5 minutes approx. Keep warm on a low heat.
- Using a good non-stick frying pan, heat the pan through on a high heat. Add a little coconut oil to the pan, turn the heat down to medium and add a scoop of pancake mixture. You want these to be like small American style pancakes that are thicker.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side then either serve straight away, or keep warm in the oven until you have cooked a stack and serve with the berry compote and some greek yoghurt.
Alternative: You can serve these with grilled, fat trimmed bacon and scrambled eggs.
Want another great recipe? Check out our other blogs!
Visit them here: http://blog.slimmingsolutions.com/