Weight Loss Recipe – Roasted cod, Parma ham & peppers
This delicious recipe serves 4, takes 15 minutes to prepare and only 35 minutes to cook as well as helping you lose weight! Cod will work very well for this recipe, as it has nice firm flesh, however you can use any white fish you like. Make sure the fillets are roughly the same size so they cook evenly.
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 medium courgettes, trimmed and cut into 2cm slices
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 3 cm chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 3cm chunks
- 4 x 150g thick skinless cod (or other white fish) fillets
- 10g dry white breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 2-3 teaspoon good quality balsamic vinegar
- 4 slices of Parma ham
- 10g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Flaked sea salt
What to do:
1- Preheat oven to Gas mark 7, 220?C. Add the onion, courgettes and peppers large baking tray and drizzle with oil, season with salt and plenty of ground black pepper. Toss everything together until vegetables are lightly coated with oil. Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes until lightly charred and softened.
2- Pat the fish dry on kitchen paper and check for any bones. Remove any bones that still remain. Season fish with freshly ground black pepper. The wrap each fillet loosely with a slice of ham.
3- Remove baking tray from the oven and make gaps in the vegetables to make space for pieces of fish. Place the fish on the tray.
4- Mix the breadcrumbs with parsley and cheese then scatter over the fish and veg.
5- Return the baking tray back in for another 12-15 minutes or until the fish is cooked, the breadcrumbs are lightly browned the ham has crisped. Serve hot and drizzle a little balsamic vinegar.
Do you have any weight loss recipes you would like to share?