Tomato and Basil Soup
Tomato and Basil Soup – Delicious Homemade Soup Recipe
Warm your heart on a cold winter’s night with a bowl of home-made fresh tomato and basil soup. It is quick and easy to prepare, tastes delicious and is suitable for vegetarians too!
Tomato and Basil Soup is a divine easy soup recipe and is only 267 calories.
3 pounds tomatoes – cored, peeled, and quartered
60ml olive oil
250g chopped onions
20g chopped parsley leaves
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
250ml double cream
1L chicken stock
• Warm up the butter as well as the oil in a big pan on a medium heat.
• Mix in the onions and cook until supple.
• Add the tomatoes and chopped parsley and stir well.
• Add the salt and the pepper to taste. Pour the chicken stock into the pan and lower the heat, carry on cooking for about 15 minutes.
• Place the soup into a blender and blend until it is smooth. Place back into the pan and then bring to the boil. Lower the heat and progressively stir in the cream.
• Pour the soup through a strainer before serving. Garnish with a sprig of parsley.
Disclaimer – This information is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended as and should not be relied upon as medical advice. If you utilize any information provided in this site, you do so at your own risk and you specifically waive any right to make any claim against Slimming Solutions Ltd, its directors or employees as the result of the use of such information.