Sesame Crusted Chicken With Avocado and Spinach Salad
4 free range chicken breasts – cut into 1cm strips
1 avocado – peeled, stoned, and sliced
200g baby spinach leaves
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 tablespoons sesame seeds
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing:
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper.
2. Scatter the sesame seeds on a large plate.
3. Use two tablespoons of the olive oil to brush the chicken with olive oil, then roll in the sesame seeds to coat on both sides.
4. Place the chicken on a sheet of baking parchment on a plate, and refrigerate until needed.
5. Whisk the lemon juice and olive oil together, season to taste, and set aside.
6. Combine the spinach leaves and avocado slices in a large bowl.
7. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat.
8. When hot, add the remaining olive oil, then the sesame chicken strips. Fry the chicken until golden on one side, then turn and cook until golden on the other side.
9. Once cooked, add the chicken to the bowl of spinach and avocado, and drizzle the dressing over the top.
10. Toss to mix everything together, serve, and enjoy!