New Year’s resolution to lose weight? Skinny dinners could be the answer!
Trying to lose weight as one of your New Years resolutions? This deliciously simple meal could get you on your way to that slimmer figure…
10.4g of fat
16.1g of sugar
2.3g of salt
- 450g of steak, cubed
- ½tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1tsp of paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2tbsp of sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1tbsp of light brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick, halved
- 1tbsp of tomato puree
- 400g pack of fresh gnocchi
- 2tbsp of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
How to make
- Put the steak, cayenne pepper, paprika and salt and pepper in a plastic food bag, then seal it and shake to coat the beef.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then brown off the steak, before adding to a casserole pot.
- Fry the onion and garlic for 2 – 3 minutes, then add to the pot with the tomatoes, stock, sugar, cinnamon and puree. Bring to the boil then simmer for 2 hours.
- 2 – 3 minutes before the end, add the gnocchi. Serve with parsley and some crusty bread if desired.