Healthy yummy desserts that don’t pile on the pounds
As published on Closeronline; we understand that sometimes, a girl on a diet just needs a dessert. Other diets, which insist you’re not allowed to go within 5 miles of chocolate for a whole year, are just ridiculous and bound to fail.
We’ve found these three delicious desserts that you can indulge in every now and then during your weight loss diet and they won’t have you cringing as you step on the scales. Just remember, moderation is the key. So enjoy and indulge… just don’t gorge!
Banana and Passion Fruit Sorbet
– 3 cups of banana pulp
– 1/2 cup of unsweetened passion fruit juice; or 1 can, (8oz) crushed pineapple
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– Combine all ingredients and pour into ice cube trays or shallow pan; freeze until almost firm.
– Put cubes or chunks of fruit mixture into food processor or blender container.
– Process or blend until fluffy, but not thawed.
– Pour into a container and freeze until firm. Makes 6 servings.
Preparation time: 45 minutes plus cooling.
– 160ml skimmed milk
– 60g cocoa powder
– 60g skimmed milk powder
– 13g granular sweetener (instead of sugar)
– 4tsp concentrated chocolate essence
– 1/2tsp vanilla essence
– 11g gelatin
– 90ml water
– 2 egg whites
– Pinch of cream of tartar
– Whisk the skimmed milk powder in to the cold milk
– Warm the milk mix but don’t let it boil, whisk in the cocoa powder and allow to cool slightly.
– Mix in the sweetener, vanilla and chocolate essence and put to one side.
– Make up the gelatin according to pack instructions and stir in to the chocolate and milk mixture. Leave in a cool place until the mixture thickens but do not let it set
– Pour the egg whites and a pinch of cream of tartar into a large bowl and whisk until firm. Fold into the chocolate mixture a spoonful at a time.
– Leave to set in the fridge before serving.
Chocolate dipped fruit
The key here is to use organic, dark chocolate, which has fewer calories. If you normally find dark chocolate too bitter then fear not, the fruit you are dipping will add natural sweetness. It’s also crucial to do all the dipping and let the fruit set before you start eating or else only measure out a modest serving of melted chocolate; putting a big old pot of melted chocolate on the table for instant dipping is just too tempting! So what to dip….
Strawberries are great for dipping as they’re full of flavour and a great source of dietary fibre, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids (which keep your brain healthy) and can even help osteo-arthritis and asthma due to their inflammatory effects.
Bananas are delicious dipped in chocolate and contain four times the amount of protein in apples, tryptophan which can help depression, and iron which is great for giving you an energy boost. Research has shown that two bananas can give you enough energy for an intense 90 minute work out.
Pineapple is also a really good aid digestion, so is perfect when eaten as a dessert!
Want to lose weight with only a little effort? Why not give Slimming Patches a try – simply peel, stick and lose weight!