Chicken Salad – 350 calories
Great for lunch on a summers day! Why not try making your own delicious slimming salad dressings to go with it?
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsps light mayonnaise
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
4 cups shredded or chopped mixed salad greens
2 tbsps parsley sprigs, leaves and stems removed
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
2 medium carrots, shredded
2 stalks medium celery, thinly sliced
1 cup pared, chopped cucumbers, diced
• Add salt to the chicken to give taste (pepper can be added too)
• Heat or grill the chicken breast until cooked.
• Cut the chicken into strips.
• Mix the light mayonnaise along with the vinegar and oil into a bowl.
• Put the tomatoes and cucumbers as well as the peppers, carrots and celery into the bowl with the vinegar concoction.
• Split the salad greens into four sections, put the chicken and the vegetables on top.
• Decorate with parsley